Man In An Orange Shirt is a heart-breaking, unforgettable two-part journey of love spanning two generations, from the repressive 1940s to present day highlighting the conflicts within one family alongside the different social and emotional challenges facing gay men over that period.
We have 3 copies to give away on DVD, to be in the draw just answer the following question
The first part focuses on World War 2 veterans Michael (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) and Thomas (James McArdle), comrades at arms in the army and companions in bed until Michael chooses conformity over his heart’s desire, marrying Flora (Joanna Vanderham) whilst Thomas becomes an openly gay artist. It brings years of suppressed desire, and unhappiness.
Part two takes us to 2017 and Michael’s grandson, Adam (Julian Morris) who is still single in his 30s and living with his grandmother, Flora (Vanessa Redgrave).
He bounces from one casual encounter to another until he meets emotionally adjusted but married Simon. However, when one of Thomas’s paintings resurfaces, it unleashes long-hidden memories and suppressed emotions that have consequences for everyone involved.
The first TV drama written by acclaimed novelist Patrick Gale (A Town Called Winter, Rough Notes) and specially commissioned by Kudos Films for BBC, Man In An Orange Shirt draws on some of his own personal history to make a compelling story of the human heart. BAFTA-winning director Michael Samuels (Any Human Heart, The Fear) has assembled an all-star cast including Oliver Jackson-Cohen (Mr Selfridge; Dracula, Emerald City), James McArdle (currently in National Theatre’s Angels In America), Julian Morris (ER; 24, Pretty Little Liars), David Gyasi (Interstellar; TV’s Containment) Frances De la Tour (Vicious, Rising Damp), and Vanessa Redgrave.
Man In An Orange Shirt was originally broadcast as part of BBC 2’s Gay Britannia season commemorating the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Sexual Offences Act and is available on DVD on 18 September 2017, courtesy of Network Distributing.
Terms & Conditions
• Competition will close on 1st Nov 2017
• Open to UK residents only
• Prize for 3 (three) winners will be 1 X Man In An Orange Shirt on DVD
• Prize is subject to availability. Events may occur that make the awarding of the Prize impractical or inappropriate due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. In this situation, www.moviecompetitions.co.uk may vary or amend the Prize to provide a reasonable alternative as a result of which the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter shall not be held liable
• If the winner fails to respond within 7 days of notification, they will be deemed void and an alternative winner will be contacted
• No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable.
• www.moviecompetitions.co.uk reserves the right to refuse entry or eject the Competition Winner and/or their guest from the premiere if either engages in unacceptable behaviour (as determined by www.moviecompetitions.co.uk. in its sole discretion)
• Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
• Prize details are correct at time of publication.
• If any Prize or element thereof becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, www.moviecompetitions.co.uk reserves the right to substitute with a Prize of equivalent rating and audience at its sole discretion.
• The Promoter of this competition is www.moviecompetitions.co.uk
• Winner will be contacted by email within 7 days of closing date.